Sabão Spray in the anime
|Attack Name:||Sabão Spray|
|Attack Name (kanji/kana):||シャボン・スプレー|
|English Name:||Mercury Bubbles Blast, Mercury Ice Storm Blast (DiC dub); Bubble Spray (Viz dub)|
|Performed by:||Sailor Mercury|
|First Used (anime):||Is the Genius Girl a Youma? Brainwashing School of Terror|
|First Used (manga):||N/A|
Sabão Spray was the first attack used by Sailor Mercury in the anime. It was primarily a defensive attack, involving the formation of a large cloud of bubbles, which was used to reduce overall visibility in the area. It also lowered the temperature of the area. In episode 45, Sailor Mercury used Sabão Spray to provide limited protection for herself against intense heat and flames.
Sabão Spray was also one of the attacks used by Sailor Mercury in the video game Sailor Moon: Another Story. It decreased the attack power of the targeted enemy, causing them to do less damage to the party.
- "Sabão" is the Portuguese word for soap.
- Although Sailor Mercury never used this attack by name in the manga, Ami's first transformation into her Senshi form in Act 2 in the original version of the manga was accompanied by an unnamed attack that created a cloud of mist with the same effect and appearance. In the reprinted manga, however, it was named Mercury Aqua Mist.
- An animation mistake could often be seen in the version of this attack sequence that aired in the television episodes: in one frame during the attack, Sailor Mercury's left glove turned skin color briefly before returning to its normal white color. This error was corrected for the Sailor Moon S movie.
- Even though it was originally called "Mercury Bubbles Blast" in DiC's dub, this attack was called "Bubble Spray" in ADV's uncut DVD boxset and Viz Media's dub.
- In episodes 65 and 66 of the English dub, this attack was called "Mercury Ice Storm Blast," which was the name normally used for Shine Aqua Illusion.
- When Sailor Mercury fought against the DD Girls in Volume 10 of the anime film comic, this attack was called "Sabão Spray! Barrier" (シャボン・スプレー！バリヤー).