Usagi's Love! The Moonlight Lights up the Galaxy
Usagi is reunited with Mamoru
|Name (Kana):||うさぎの愛! 月光銀河を照らす|
|Name (Romaji):||Usagi no Ai! Gekkou Ginga wo Terasu|
|Name (Translated):||Usagi's Love! The Moonlight Lights up the Galaxy|
|Name (Dub):||Usagi's Love: The Moonlight Illuminates the Galaxy|
|Animation Director:||Katsumi Tamegai|
|Air Date:||Febuary 8, 1997|
|Previous Episode:||The Light of Hope! Final Battle for the Galaxy|
Sailor Galaxia watches the light emanating from Sailor Chibi Chibi Moon and angrily wonders if the Light of Hope is going to awaken. The waves of pink light abruptly change direction, and the light coalesces around Sailor Chibi Chibi Moon before exploding in a bright flash.
Usagi finds herself floating in mid-air, facing the silhouette of a winged woman with her hair in heart-shaped odango just like Chibi Chibi's. The woman says that she is the Light of Hope, and has been searching for someone who would take her in. She takes the form of a pink butterfly and flies over to hover above Usagi, revealing herself to be a brightly shining Star Seed. As Usagi reaches up toward its light, she turns into Princess Serenity. The Light of Hope then transforms into the Fuuin no Ken, and asks Princess Serenity to use her to defeat Galaxia, but Serenity is reluctant.
Sailor Galaxia attacks, saying she won't allow that to happen, and Serenity hurtles toward the ground. As she falls, the Light of Hope again orders her to use the sword to fight Galaxia. Serenity is still reluctant, but as Sailor Galaxia dives toward her, finally grabs the sword's hilt. As she does, a pair of wings unfold from her back and her fall is halted; Galaxia is unable to stop and strikes the ground below.
As Sailor Galaxia rises to her feet, her eyes glow red and her bracelets shatter. She declares that she cannot be defeated by that power, because this body belongs to the strongest Sailor Senshi in the galaxy. Her sailor fuku turns from gold to black, her hair from blonde to red, and a pair of black bat-like wings sprout from her back. With a furious cry, she takes to the air and attacks Princess Serenity.
Serenity refuses to fight, only using the Fuuin no Ken to defend herself from Galaxia's attack. She begs the other Senshi to stop, saying that there is no reason to fight, but Galaxia insists that she must end the Sailor Wars by obliterating the light of all the stars. The Light of Hope tells Serenity that Galaxia has been completely taken over by Chaos; in the past, she realized what was happening and released her Star Seed, which made it to Usagi in the form of Chibi Chibi. The Light of Hope says that it is too late to save Galaxia, and now Serenity must use the sword.
Despite the urging of the Light of Hope, Serenity refuses to fight back as Chaos continues to attack, and only dodges the blows. At one point, however, she accidentally stabs Chaos' wing; enraged, Chaos brings her sword down on the Fuuin no Ken and shatters it. Even as Sailor Chibi Chibi Moon's body fades away before her, Princess Serenity continues to insist that there is no reason to fight, because all it does is hurt people. Chaos taunts Serenity, saying that she does not have the courage or pride of a Senshi, but Serenity says that if the pride of a Senshi means hurting people she doesn't want it. She again repeats that there is nothing to be gained by fighting.
Chaos asks her if she has given up, but Serenity replies that she will not give up, because she loves this world. Her dress dissolves into pink ribbons, then disappears completely, leaving her wearing nothing but the wings on her back. Chaos says that the world cannot be protected by someone who will not even fight, and hurls a wave of black energy at Serenity, saying that because of her, her friends are gone. Serenity insists that they are not gone until she gives up, and therefore, she will not give up.
Serenity opens her hands where they were clasped at her chest, revealing the Silver Crystal affixed there. The light of the Crystal flares, and the determined Serenity flies toward Chaos. Chaos uses her sword to send a blast of energy at Serenity which holds her back, and says that she does not have a powerful enough shine to light up the galaxy. Unwavering, Serenity declares that she will light it up, and will save the world. As Serenity is caught in Chaos' dark power, Chaos taunts her for giving up her pride by refusing to fight, and says that she now just needs to give up her Star Seed. Despite her pain, Serenity insists that she will not give up, because she believes in this world and in the small hope left in Galaxia's heart. The Silver Crystal flares with an even brighter light, dispelling Chaos' power.
A woman with long gold and red hair stands in a field of flowers, and the light from the Crystal shines upon her. She hears Serenity's voice and turns, revealing herself to be the true Sailor Galaxia. Serenity reaches out her hand; in the field, Galaxia does the same, and the flowers open to release a multitude of Star Seeds. The Star Seeds appear in the air surrounding Serenity and Chaos, and Chaos is stunned. Serenity says that she loves this world and doesn't want to lose it, or anyone in it, and flies toward Chaos again. Chaos angrily brings down her sword to attack again, but the blade shatters. Galaxia declares that she loves this world, as well, and holds her hand outstretched to meet Serenity's. As Serenity's hand grasps Galaxia's, she takes hold of Chaos' hand in the real world and Chaos is forced out of Galaxia's body.
Now freed, Galaxia thanks Serenity, saying that her shine lit up the entire galaxy. Serenity tells her that Chaos went back to where it belongs, inside everyone's mind. Galaxia is worried about that, but Serenity says to believe in everyone, because the Light of Hope is also in their minds as well. Galaxia leaves to guide the Star Seeds back to where they belong, in an effort to at least partially repair all the harm she has done.
Now alone, Serenity begins to cry because she is alone, but then hears Sailor Mars' voice; the Solar System Senshi appear around her, and Serenity is overjoyed. Endymion appears with Chibi Chibi, saying that she guided him back. Crying, Serenity flies over to embrace him. Chibi Chibi thanks her and departs.
Later, the Inner Senshi and Mamoru stand on the roof of the school, facing the Three Lights and the Princess. They say their farewells, and Seiya tells Usagi that he will not forget her. Usagi doesn't realize exactly what he means, and cheerfully replies that they will be friends forever. Seiya is disappointed, and the others giggle at Usagi's obliviousness. The Three Lights transform into the Sailor Starlights, and after everyone says their final farewells, they disappear into the sky.
Elsewhere, the Outer Senshi are looking at the sky when they see the shooting stars streak past. As Hotaru and Setsuna make wishes, Haruka observes that they are no longer shooting stars, but have returned home to be stars that shine brightly in the sky. When Hotaru asks what she wished for, Michiru says that she has nothing to wish for, because she's happy right now.
Mamoru and Usagi stand alone in a park, and Usagi asks Mamoru how much he likes her. He wonders at the sudden question, but tells her that when he is with her he feels full of life. Usagi and Mamoru then kiss against the backdrop of the full moon.
In a voiceover, Usagi says, "I'm Tsukino Usagi, sixteen years old and in the first year of high school. I'm a bit rash and a bit of a crybaby. But actually, I'm the fighter for love and justice, Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon."
- In the introduction of the episode, Sailor Galaxia's shoulder protectors were missing from her sailor fuku.
- After the Sailor Senshi were revived, when Serenity turned to look at Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune, the white stripe on the left side of Sailor Uranus's collar was missing.
- The introduction of this episode was visually similar to the one in episode 151, in that it had a single character against a screen that was white at the center fading to color at the edges, with a storm of flower petals raining down around them. In episode 151 the background was predominantly blue and featured Ami, whereas in this episode the color was pink with Sailor Galaxia.
- Usagi's voiceover at the end of the episode was almost identical to her introduction in the first episode.
- At the end of this episode, there was a special ending sequence set to the song "Moonlight Densetsu." At the very end of the sequence, Usagi's voice said, "Oshimai", and the other Sailor Senshi said, "dayo!" ("Oshimaidayo!" meaning "It's the end!"). In the Catalan dub, Usagi said "I s'acabat!", and the other Sailor Senshi repeated this phrase (meaning "And it ended!").
- The song that was playing during the last battle against Galaxia was the "Sailor Star Song". In the Hebrew, Catalan, Italian, German, and Cantonese dubs, it was replaced with a translated version. The first Korean dub replaced it with a translated version of "Moonlight Densetsu." In the Latin American Spanish dub, Brazilian, second Korean, French and Taiwanese dubs, the song was replaced with an instrumental version.
- Some dubs replaced "Moonlight Densetsu" at the end of the episode with other songs: the Hebrew dub used an extended version of "Kaze mo Sora mo Kitto...," and the German dub used the German version of "Moon Revenge." In the Catalan dub, however, it was replaced with the first opening theme song.
- Some of the dubs edited Serenity's nudity in this episode. In the first Korean dub, she was wearing a white dress, while in the second Korean dub, in wider shots her body was covered with a white glow. The Hebrew dub blurred out her body. The original airing of the Italian dub was heavily edited, either cutting out or zooming in on shots to avoid showing Serenity's body.
- The rest of the episodes were listed on Hulu with a TV-PG rating, but this episode was first listed as TV-MA before being changed to TV-14.
- Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon/Princess Serenity - Kotono Mitsuishi
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury - Aya Hisakawa
- Rei Hino/Sailor Mars - Michie Tomizawa
- Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter - Emi Shinohara
- Minako Aino/Sailor Venus - Rica Fukami
- Haruka Tenou/Sailor Uranus - Megumi Ogata
- Michiru Kaiou/Sailor Neptune - Masako Katsuki
- Setsuna Meiou/Sailor Pluto - Chiyoko Kawashima
- Hotaru Tomoe/Sailor Saturn - Yuko Minaguchi
- Kou Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter - Shiho Niiyama
- Kou Taiki/Sailor Star Maker - Narumi Tsunoda
- Kou Yaten/Sailor Star Healer - Chika Sakamoto
- Chibi Chibi/Sailor Chibi Chibi Moon - Kotono Mitsuishi
- Luna - Keiko Han
- Artemis - Yasuhiro Takato
- Mamoru Chiba/Prince Endymion - Tohru Furuya
- Princess Kakyuu - Sakiko Tamagawa
- Sailor Galaxia - Mitsuko Horie
| Previous episode:
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
| Next episode:|