Kotono Mitsuishi (三石琴乃), nicknamed "Koto-chan" (琴ちゃん) and "Koto-chawan" (琴ちゃわん), born December 8, 1967, in Tokyo, Japan, is a voice actress who played Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon/Princess Serenity/Neo-Queen Serenity in the Sailor Moon anime (apart from a brief absence due to illness, during which time the role was filled by Kae Araki). She also provided the voice of Chibi Chibi/Sailor Chibi Chibi Moon in the Stars season of the anime. She later returned to the role of Usagi/Sailor Moon for Sailor Moon Crystal.
She is a well known voice actress, and has played a large number of anime roles. These include Potamos in Wedding Peach, Misato Katsuragi in Neon Genesis Evangelion, Excel Excel in Excel Saga, Ebichu in Oruchuban Ebichu, Kagura Sohma in Fruits Basket, Asuka Sugo in Future GPX Cyber Formula, Elle Chivas and Riya in Konjiki no Gash Bell!!, Juri Arisugawa in Revolutionary Girl Utena, Murrue Ramius and the many Haros in Gundam Seed, Boa Hancock in One Piece, Tamako Nobi in Doraemon, and Hummy in Suite PreCure♪.
She is now a freelance voice actress.
- She was married in 2000, and gave birth to a daughter in 2003.
- Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon/Princess Serenity/Neo-Queen Serenity
- Chibi Chibi/Sailor Chibi Chibi Moon
- Fake Sailor Moon (episode 33)
- Kotono played a role in Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa along with Miyuu Sawai, the actress who played Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon in Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon.
- She was one of the Masters of Ceremonies at the wedding of Naoko Takeuchi.
- The character Peko Pekoyama from Super Dangan Ronpa 2, voiced by Kotono, is largely built as an homage to Usagi and was designed and written with Kotono specifically in mind as her seiyuu.
- Kotono was the only seiyuu to play the same character in the original anime and Sailor Moon Crystal.