Death of Uranus and Neptune? Talismans Appear
Michiru tells Haruka that she likes her hands
|Name (Kanji/kana):||ウラヌス達の死? タリスマン出現|
|Name (Romaji):||Uranusu-tachi no Shi? Tarisuman Shutsugen|
|Name (Translated):||Death of Uranus and Neptune? Talismans Appear|
|Name (Viz Dub):||The Death of Uranus and Neptune: The Talisman Appears|
|Animation Director:||Mari Tominaga|
|Air Date:||October 15, 1994|
|Previous Episode:||A Time of Shock! True Identities Revealed to One Another|
|Next Episode:||The Grail's Divine Power! Moon's Double Transformation|
|English Dub Episode|
|Air Date:||July 10, 2000|
|Previous Episode:||No Turning Back|
|Next Episode:||The Purity Chalice|
Michiru is lying on a deck chair by a large swimming pool, dreaming of standing in the sky, with white clouds and seagulls flying nearby. Haruka awakens her, and they tell each other about their dreams, concluding with the belief that they are going to find the talismans this day.
At the Witches 5 base, Eudial tries using a new computer program to precisely identify the bearers of the talismans. She takes a break and goes to her locker, but when she takes her shoes out of the locker and puts them on, she screams in pain: somebody had put a thumbtack into one of the shoes. Also, to Eudial's horror, she discovers that the locker is full of snails. She then hears her subordinates chatting behind a wall, with Mimete telling the others that Eudial screwed up again and is unfit to lead the Witches 5.
Angry with Mimete, Eudial goes back to her computer, which finally shows the talisman-bearers - but the answer shocks her.
At Haruka's apartment, she and Michiru hear the phone ring but do not pick it up. Eudial leaves a message on the machine, saying that she has found the owner of the talismans; knowing Haruka and Michiru's identities, she proposes a meeting. As she sits next to the window, Haruka thinks of how her hands have been stained; Michiru then sits next to her, takes her hands, and says she likes them the way they are.
Meanwhile, each of the Inner Senshi remember their encounters with Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune and their attempts to persuade them to work together, which all failed. As Usagi lies on her bed, thinking, Shingo calls out to her, saying she has a call from Haruka.
Usagi meets Haruka and Michiru at a large indoor aquarium. She urges them to work together with the other Sailor Senshi and cease their search for the talismans. They do not agree, however, and to prevent her from interfering, Haruka forcefully takes away Usagi's transformation brooch.
Haruka and Michiru then transform into Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune and fly away from the rooftop in a helicopter, leaving Usagi behind. The mysterious woman appears and identifies herself as Setsuna Meiou, an old friend of the two. She displays the knowledge that Usagi is Sailor Moon, and despite no longer being able to transform, Usagi decides to go and help them anyway after Setsuna says they are in danger.
Sailor Uranus and Neptune enter the Marine Cathedral, where Eudial was supposed to meet them, but they are unable to find Eudial herself. Suddenly, large blocks with carvings separate from the walls and start moving, controlled by Eudial from another room. Using the combined power of World Shaking and Deep Submerge, the two Senshi dispose of all the blocks but one. It heads for Sailor Uranus, but Sailor Neptune pushes her out of the way and gets hit by it instead. The block flips, trapping her in the space behind the wall, then disappears and becomes part of the normal wall.
Eudial speaks to Sailor Uranus from afar, revealing that Sailor Neptune is a talisman-bearer. Sailor Uranus rushes through the hallway, only to find Sailor Neptune motionless, tied to the block that hit her. Eudial then appears with her gun, saying that she will take Sailor Uranus' talisman first. Sailor Neptune breaks free and runs towards Sailor Uranus, but is hit by a number of projectiles fired from the wall blocks. She still resists and reaches for Eudial, who panics and then accidentally shoots her with her gun, causing her Pure Heart Crystal to appear. As it does, it changes its shape to a mirror with the Neptune symbol - the first talisman. Sailor Neptune collapses.
Sailor Uranus is shocked at this, and out loud asks herself if this is what she and Sailor Neptune deserve for their deeds. Eudial turns to Sailor Uranus and prepares to fire at her, but then Usagi appears, runs to Eudial, and pushes her off a bridge. For a second, Sailor Uranus sees Usagi not as herself, but as a long-haired being of light. Jumping down, Eudial catches a rope wound on a pulley and descends into the black unknown.
Usagi tries to get Sailor Neptune's talisman to go back into her body. Sailor Uranus gives Usagi her brooch back and points Eudial's gun at her own chest. Usagi urges her to reconsider, saying that they can save the world without the talismans. Sailor Uranus comments that she, for a moment, got a strange feeling that Usagi would be able to actually save the world, and says she looked like the Messiah when she said it. Nevertheless, she shoots herself with Eudial's gun, causing her own Heart Crystal to appear. It then changes into a curved sword - the second talisman.
When the four Inner Senshi arrive, with Setsuna keeping some distance behind them, they see Usagi crying over the seemingly lifeless bodies of Sailor Uranus and Neptune, the talismans floating above them.
- The Marine Cathedral where most of the action took place is based on a building which exists in the real world. It is a quite precise rendering (at least for the external parts) of the "Sagrada Família," which has been under construction in Barcelona since 1883. Contrary to its animated counterpart, the real life Sagrada Familia is not surrounded by water, nor does it face it, and it is not a cathedral, but a basilica. It does have a connection to water though, since architect Antoni Gaudí often took inspiration from the Mediterranean Sea.
- Setsuna Meiou and Mimete both appeared for the first time in this episode. (Sailor Pluto appeared in Sailor Moon R, but this was the first time her civilian identity was seen, and Setsuna was not revealed to be Sailor Pluto until the next episode.)
- The three unnamed and shadowy figures speaking to Mimete in the locker room appeared to be Tellu, Viluy, and Cyprine, as they had similar hairstyles, but they were merely listed in the credits as as "Witches 5 Members" and did not have the same seiyuu as those three characters.
- As of this episode the opening sequence was updated to include Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Pluto, Sailor Chibi Moon, and Hotaru Tomoe, and exclude Kaolinite.
- This episode included the second time Usagi's brooch was taken away from her by force in the Sailor Moon S season, preventing her from transforming. The first time was in episode 101.
- Even though Haruka and Michiru were changed to "cousins" in the original English dub, most of the scenes involving the pair's hand-holding were left intact.
- This episode was omitted from the Korean dub.
- Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon - Kotono Mitsuishi
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury - Aya Hisakawa
- Rei Hino/Sailor Mars - Michie Tomizawa
- Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter - Emi Shinohara
- Minako Aino/Sailor Venus - Rica Fukami
- Chibiusa/Sailor Chibi Moon - Kae Araki
- Haruka Tenou/Sailor Uranus - Megumi Ogata
- Michiru Kaiou/Sailor Neptune - Masako Katsuki
- Setsuna Meiou - Chiyoko Kawashima
- Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask - Tohru Furuya
- Shingo Tsukino - Chiyoko Kawashima
- Eudial - Maria Kawamura
- Mimete - Mika Kanai
- Witches 5 Members - Rumi Kasahara, Hiromi Nishikawa, Machiko Toyoshima
| Previous episode:
Sailor Moon S
| Next episode:|