- User:Lixiaofossil, real name Li Xiao(李潇), was born in Beijing on September 12th 1986 as a male, and acquired nationality as China. So far, I'm not regret about it.
- My real name is consisted by surname "Li(李)" witch means "plum" and given name "Xiao(潇)" witch means "deep and clean water" or "sound of mild rain and wind". Actually, this name is more suitable to a female, but anyway, I don't want to change it.
- My user name is a combination of my real name and the vocabulary "fossil". Because I'm a classical music addicted, one of my favorite work is Charles Camille Saint-Saëns' "Carnival of the Animals" Movement 12: Fossil, and I'm also a set of old fossil(Han Solo: "Where did you dig out this old fossil?"), so those are the origins of my user name.
- My hobbies can be generally classified into two categories: Classical Music and Killing.
- My favorite books are: Das Kapital, Libellus vere aureus, nec minus salutaris quam festivus, de optimo rei publicae statu deque nova insula Utopia, Discours sur l'origine et les fondements de l'inégalité, Le Comte de Monte-Cristo, Unrestricted Warfare, etc.
- My favorite movies are Sci-Fi ones. For example Star Wars.
About my relationship with Sailor Moon Series
My relationship with Sailor Moon is similar to my relationship with Star Wars: I heard their reputation very early, but made "real" contact with them many years later.
During the mid-1990s, when I was in elementary school, maybe third or fourth grade, there were a lot of "Sailor Moon" stickers were sold near the school. I just considered those girls in sailor-suits are very cute, however didn't have any special feelings. Soon, "Sailor Moon" comic books began to be seen in many book stores, however I still had no feeling, partly because I was so concentrated into "Doraemon" comic books at that time, another major reason was when I came to the thought of purchasing some Sailor Moon manga, I just think "Sailor Moon is for girls and I'm a boy" then simply withdrew. Despite that, I did acquired some knowledge about this series, thanks to one of my friend from Hongkong lent me an ACG magazine in September 1997, witch gave me initial information about Sailor Moon, but I considered Mamoru as a villain for a long time due to those Sailor Senshi are good people.
My first time to watch Sailor Moon was in June 1998, and it was Episode 21. From that day on, I began to find and watch Sailor Moon on TV everyday(during that time we Chinese had very few choices of animations, the primary source of animations was TV, based on what was broadcasting). I cried a lot when watching Episode 46, especially seeing Mamoru died for saving Usagi: "They love each other so much, why they can't be together?" During my junior high(1998-2001), Season One and Season Two were constantly broadcast by many channels, it was a time for me to progressively build up more knowledge of Sailor Moon Series.
However, in my senior high period, I turned to Cardcaptor Sakura and Neon Genesis Evangelion. But in early 2004, thanks to pirated DVD-Set, Sailor Moon came back to me! Now it is one of my mostly favorited ACG series and I'm still recommending it to others.
About my opinions on Sailor Moon Series
- A squadron of school girls, equipped with magic powers, fight for saving the world "in the name of justice". That's oldschool but we love it.
- Usagi is one of the most incompetent protagonists I have ever known, however, a perfect protagonist may reduce a lot of fun. More over, Usagi is a very outgoing and good in heart, so a protagonist like her is indispensable. But many of my friends don't like Usagi very much, they prefer Ami.
- Mamoru is one of the most handsome male character I have ever known, despite sometimes he's cold and...um...useless. I consider Usagi and Mamoru just like Sonic the Hedgehog and Shadow the Hedgehog, one is outgoing one is reserved, one represents power of light while the other one represents power of dark.
- For me, an perfect girl must be "Goddess-Class", witch means she's beautiful, matured, gentle, virtuous, well-educated, versatile, willing to sacrifice her life for lover or for justice...For example, Tomoyo Daidouji and Kotonoha Katsura, although both of them are kinda...psycho.
More about me
Lixiaofossil is a/an...
- Friend of some American.
- Contributor of Wikipedia.
- Contributor of Uncyclopedia.
- Video uploader of Youtube.
- Senior user of Chinese mandarin.
- Senior user of English.
- Junior user of Japanese.
- Researcher of International Terrorism, Ethnic Separatism and Religious Extremism.
- Volunteered translator.
- Volunteered tour guide for foreigners.
- Collector of ACG stuff can't find in Beijing.
- Accordion player.
- Piano player.
- Classical music addicted.
- Original Soundtracks addicted.
- Natural science(especially astronomy & biology) & Social science(especially religions & culture) addicted.
- Tom & Jerry addicted.
- Krteček addicted.
- Disney's works addicted(especially "Fantasia" and "Fantasia 2000").
- GI Joe addicted.
- The Centurions addicted.
- Doraemon addicted.
- Saint Seiya addicted.
- Sailor Moon addicted.
- Cardcaptor Sakura addicted.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion addicted.
- "Harem Genre" Series(e.g. "Sister Princess", "Happy Lesson", etc.) addicted.
- Star Wars Addicted.
- Star Trek Addicted.
- Starship Troopers(in Japanese: 宇宙の戦士/うちゅうのせんし/Soldier of Space) addicted.
- Battlestar Galactica addicted.
- Alien/Xenomorph addicted(the only thing can scare me, more than half of my nightmares are about it).
- Avatar addicted.
- Terminator addicted.
- The Matrix addicted.
- Indiana Jones addicted.
- James Bond addicted.
- Sister Act addicted.
- Home alone addicted.
- Battle Fairy Yukikaze(戦闘妖精雪風/せんとうようせいゆきかぜ) addicted.
- Ace Combat addicted.
- Sonic the Hedgehog addicted.
- Devil may Cry addicted.
- Resident Evil/Biohazard addicted.
- Time Crisis addicted(I wrote walkthroughs).
- L.A. Machineguns: Rage of the Machines addicted.
- Wolfenstein addicted(My very first FPS game since 1991).
- Doom addicted.
- X-Com addicted.
- Command & Conquer addicted.
- Earth 2140/2150/2160 addicted.
- Total Annihilation/Supreme Commander addicted.