Usagi's Everlasting Wish! A New Reincarnation
The spirits of the Sailor Senshi help the Princess defeat Queen Metalia
|Usagi no Omoi wa Towa ni! Atarashiki Tensei
|Usagi's Everlasting Wish! A New Reincarnation
|Name (Viz Dub):
|Usagi's Eternal Wish: A Brand New Life
|February 27, 1993
|The Sailor Senshi Die! The Tragic Final Battle
|Moon Revived! The Mysterious Aliens Appear
|First English Dub Episode
|Day of Destiny (contains elements of Japanese episodes 45 and 46 combined)
|October 24, 1995 (Canada), November 3, 1995 (USA)
|The Past Returns
|The Return of Sailor Moon
As Sailor Moon reaches the entrance to Dark Kingdom, Queen Beryl captures her and transports her to deep within the kingdom. Queen Beryl reveals herself, along with the brainwashed Prince Endymion. Endymion attacks the Sailor Senshi, and she tries to heal him, only to find that Moon Healing Escalation is not powerful enough. Queen Beryl taunts Sailor Moon with her failure, saying that Queen Metalia has completely removed Endymion's memories.
Endymion continues his attack, trapping and torturing the Senshi until Beryl finally tells him to stop. He drops Sailor Moon to the ground, and she struggles to reach the Moon Stick that she dropped earlier, but is too weak. As Endymion moves in to strike the final blow, Sailor Moon remembers the sacrifices that her friends made for her, and just in time throws her tiara at him, striking him in the midsection. Though injured, the prince still attempts to kill Sailor Moon, but suddenly halts when she holds out the Orgel toward him. He reaches out and touches the locket, which heals him and returns his memories in a sudden wash of energy.
Realizing that Sailor Moon has succeeded, the enraged Queen Beryl summons a spear of dark crystal and hurls it at them. Endymion throws a rose that shatters the crystal and strikes Beryl in the chest, then throws himself on top of Sailor Moon to protect her from the flying crystal shards. One of the shards strikes him, however, inflicting a mortal wound. Queen Beryl is forced to retreat, leaving Sailor Moon alone with Endymion. The cavern begins to crumble around the pair as Endymion dies in Sailor Moon's arms, leaving her weeping.
Queen Beryl appears before Queen Metalia and asks for the power to destroy Sailor Moon. Queen Metalia agrees, but does so by merging with Beryl and taking over her body. Sailor Moon moves to kiss Endymion, but holds back because it would not be fair to kiss him when her fellow Senshi had not kissed their boyfriends. She leaves Endymion behind and returns to the open snow plain just as Super Beryl emerges. Beryl attacks with a blast of dark energy, which strikes Sailor Moon and leaves behind a pillar of ice. Suddenly, the top of the pillar shatters, becoming a platform upon which Princess Serenity stands.
Back in Tokyo, Luna and Artemis sit on the roof of Usagi's house and watch as the sky darkens. Luna realizes that the only way for the Princess to win now is to use the entire power of the Silver Crystal, but doesn't want her to die like Queen Serenity did. She calls out to Usagi, begging her not to do it, but Usagi has no choice.
Queen Beryl attacks Serenity with the power of darkness, and Serenity counters it with Moon Healing Escalation. As they clash, Beryl slowly starts to overcome Serenity's power, and the sphere of light cast by the Silver Crystal begins to shrink. Just as she reaches her limit, however, the spirits of the other Sailor Senshi appear and lend Serenity their strength. With their powers combined, the Silver Crystal releases an enormous sphere of light which completely disintegrates Queen Beryl. As she collapses, Princess Serenity reverts to Sailor Moon, whispering thanks to her friends as she dies.
The same light that destroyed Queen Beryl slowly engulfs the bodies of the Sailor Senshi and Endymion. As it continues to expand, covering the entire North Pole, Usagi's voice can be heard, wishing for a normal life again.
The next morning, Usagi wakes up late and rushes to school. She passes Ami, Rei, Makoto, and Minako, who are again living their old lives just like Usagi. Artemis and Luna sit on the roof of Usagi's house, watching as Usagi runs off, and Artemis observes that everyone, including Mamoru, has been revived and returned to normal. Luna says that they don't remember the time where they knew each other, when the girls were Sailor Senshi, and when Mamoru was Tuxedo Mask. Artemis tells Luna that she shouldn't worry, because they just have to meet again.
- Keiko Han received her only on-screen credit for the role of Queen Beryl at the end of this episode (in all previous episodes, she was credited for the role of Luna only).
- Queen Beryl, Queen Metalia, the Orgel, the Moon Stick and Moon Healing Escalation made their final appearances in this episode.
- This is the only time Moon Prism Power was used.
- The song that played during the battle against Queen Beryl was "Moonlight Densetsu." In the DiC English dub, it was replaced with "Carry On." The Spanish, German, Thai, and Cantonese dubs used an instrumental version of "Moonlight Densetsu." The Korean and Hebrew dubs replaced the song with dubbed versions. In the Indonesian, Greek, Swedish, Italian, Portuguese, and Mandarin dubs the song was removed completely without a replacement, although during the 2010 revival of Sailor Moon in Italy, the song was replaced by the extended version of the Italian theme song from the first season.
- The song that played at the end of the episode was "You're Just My Love." In the original English dub, it was replaced with "It's a New Day." In the Korean dub the song was replaced with an instrumental piece of music from the soundtrack of the movie "Kiki's Delivery Service." The song was dubbed in the Hebrew dub. In the German dub, it was replaced with an instrumental version of the same song. In the Catalan dub, it was replaced with an instrumental version of "Kaze mo Sora mo Kitto...." In the Greek, Swedish, Italian, Portuguese, Mandarin, and Spanish dubs the song was removed completely without a replacement.
- In the original English dub, DiC combined this episode and the previous episode to remove the deaths of the Sailor Senshi. The scene with the ghosts of the Sailor Senshi did, however, appear in the Sailor Says segment. Also in that dub, the flashback scene from episode 22 was kept intact even though the moment when Usagi and Mamoru fell off the balcony was cut from the dubbed version of that episode.
- In the German dub, the scene in which Usagi screamed in pain was cut when the episode aired on ZDF. The scene was also cut from the French and Hungarian dubs, along with the scenes in which Mamoru attacked Usagi at Queen Beryl's command. However, when the series was released on DVD in France, those scenes were present, though using the original audio.
- This was the last episode in which Cecilia Santiago played Bunny in the Spanish dub.
- In the Korean dub, when the Inner Senshi said their final words Sailor Mars' speech was cut and was replaced with the silhouettes of Usagi and Mamoru shown at the end of the episode.
- This episode and the previous one were omitted from the first Polish dub. They were later aired by TV4, though only late at night.
- This was the last episode dubbed by Gota Mágica in the Brazilian dub. When the following seasons were dubbed in 2000, there was a new voice cast because of a dubbing studio change.
- This was the last episode of the two Vietnamese dubs, the second Russian dub, the first Taiwanese dub, and the second Polish dub.
- This was the last episode in which Matthias von Stegmann played Mamoru and Ulli Philipp played Luna in the German dub, and the last episode in which Sabine Bohlmann played Bunny, although she later reappeared in other roles.
- Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon/Princess Serenity - Kae Araki
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury - Aya Hisakawa
- Rei Hino/Sailor Mars - Michie Tomizawa
- Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter - Emi Shinohara
- Minako Aino/Sailor Venus - Rica Fukami
- Luna - Keiko Han
- Artemis - Yasuhiro Takato
- Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask/Prince Endymion - Tohru Furuya
- Naru Osaka - Shino Kakinuma
- Queen Beryl - Keiko Han
- Queen Metalia - Noriko Uemura
| Previous episode:
| Next episode: