Special Act - We're Getting Married!
Usagi and Mamoru are finally married
|Name (romaji):||Watashi-tachi Kekkonshimasu!!|
|Name (translated):||We're Getting Married!!|
|Air Date:||October 26, 2004 (released on DVD/VHS)|
|Previous Episode:||Final Act - The Five Sailor Senshi Surpassed Their Previous Lives|
|Next Episode:||Act Zero - The Birth of Sailor V|
It is morning at the Tsukino residence, and Usagi is busily making breakfast when her mother and Luna enter. She thinks about how it has been four years since their last battle, and now the former Sailor Senshi are just normal girls. Ami is now studying medicine in America. Rei is in Kyoto, training her miko powers. As Usagi thinks about Minako, she appears on the tv in the dining room, accepting a special award in England. She is experiencing worldwide popularity, and is currently in London with Artemis. Makoto calls, and as they talk, Usagi thinks about how her friend is studying to realize her dream to work in floral arrangement. Just then, Usagi notices the time and rushes off, leaving her mother and Luna to dubiously examine her unappetizing-looking cooking efforts.
Usagi runs down the sidewalk to meet up with Mamoru, who is waiting patiently on his motorcycle. As the two of them ride off, Usagi thinks happily about how they are to be married the next week. Usagi and Mamoru go shopping for a dress and other things, and after some time Mamoru starts to look tired, even though Usagi still excitedly talks about plans and how happy she is to see her friends again. She finally notices that he doesn't seem to be paying attention, but he tells her he is fine with whatever she wants; she isn't pleased, but he reminds her that they aren't getting married just for the wedding.
Makoto busily works on a design for Usagi's wedding bouquet as Motoki watches and makes comments on the design and the wedding cake which she is also making. The two of them wonder at how fast the two of them are getting married. Just then Usagi calls and tells Makoto that the wedding has been cancelled.
Makoto meets with Usagi in a restaurant, where she is busily stuffing her face now that she doesn't have to diet to fit in the dress. Makoto demands to know why she and Mamoru are fighting and why they can't just work it out, but Usagi quickly excuses herself to run to the bathroom. In another part of the restaurant, Motoki chides Mamoru and tells him to just apologize. Mamoru is annoyed and says that if she wants to call off the wedding she can. Usagi, returning from the bathroom, overhears this and angrily returns Mamoru's ring, declaring that she won't marry him.
Later that night, as Usagi sleeps, Luna looks up at the moon and calls to Queen Serenity. An image of Queen Serenity appears before her, and Luna tells her how upset she is that Usagi and Mamoru broke off their engagement after finally overcoming the past. Queen Serenity tells her not to worry because things will work out eventually, and conveys a warning that an evil power is about to awaken. Luna is worried; because the Silver Crystal was destroyed, the Senshi can no longer transform. Usagi awakens then and Queen Serenity disappears.
Meanwhile, elsewhere, a bright purple light flares ominously in a cluttered junkyard.
The next day, human Luna enters an abandoned building, sensing the power Queen Serenity spoke of, and wonders what it could be, since Queen Metalia is long gone. Rei arrives then, drawn by the same feeling of evil power. The purple light appears again, then explodes in a bright flash which throws Rei backwards. When the light fades, a mysterious figure is left standing in the building, its face in shadow.
At an abandoned amusement park, the mysterious figure enters a building and observes that it will do until she can build a new Dark Kingdom. She picks up an old, torn stuffed dog, names it Choppi, then turns and is revealed to be Mio Kuroki. With a flare of power, she redecorates the building, restores the plush dog, and summons a horde of clown Youma who dance for her amusement. Mio nods approvingly, then summons two more Youma, who call themselves Sword and Shield. Last of all, she gives herself a new costume and strikes a pose, smiling happily.
At the Minato-ku Municipal Juuban Hospital, Rei lies in a bed, badly injured.
As Usagi runs to the hospital, she passes an open plaza with a large television screen. Queen Mio suddenly appears on the screen, singing "Change of Pace." Usagi recognizes the song and stops, stunned to see Mio again. Queen Mio greets everyone, introducing herself as the Queen of Earth, and says that she needs everyone's energy. She announces that her Pierrot are about to come gather it, and tells the people not to resist. Queen Mio's clown Youma arrive and begin gathering energy from people and collecting it into balloons; Usagi's first instinct is to transform, but she no longer has her powers. She rushes in anyway to save a little girl, and when one of the Youma tries to attack her, Tuxedo Mask arrives and saves her. He tells her to run away, but she angrily insists that she can help; their argument is interrupted by the arrival of the Shitennou, who surround the pair. Kunzite invites them to meet their new Queen, and they teleport away with Usagi and Mamoru. Sailor Luna runs into the plaza then, but too late to stop them. Luna alerts the others, and Ami and Minako cancel their plans and quickly return to Japan.
Queen Mio stands before her throne, surrounded by energy-filled balloons, and cheerfully greets Usagi and Mamoru. She tells them that she, as the Queen, is missing something: a king. Queen Mio says that she has chosen Mamoru for that role, and so is going to marry him. When Usagi objects, Mio happily informs the girl that she will take her energy after the wedding, as a gift to them. Queen Mio then teleports the pair into a waiting cell so she can make wedding preparations.
In the cell, Usagi thinks that Mamoru must be upset that the Shitennou are his enemy again, but when he finally speaks it is only to complain that all women are the same and just want a wedding. Usagi gets upset and tells him that he might as well marry Mio, since he isn't marrying her, and he only sighs in response before the two of them resume bickering.
At Makoto's home, Luna again contacts Queen Serenity, who tells the two of them that the Senshi must do their best. Makoto points out that they can't transform, and Queen Serenity says that she will take care of that. She will send the Legendary Sword down from the Moon Palace, and it will aid the Senshi as long as their hearts are one. Makoto and Luna rush off.
Jadeite and Nephrite arrive at the cell to fetch Mamoru. Usagi takes Jadeite by surprise and knocks him down, then turns to tell Mamoru to run away, only to find that he had the same idea. They argue briefly, but Mamoru finally forces Usagi to escape while he stays behind.
Makoto and Luna run toward the hill to which Queen Serenity will be sending the sword, and Luna observes that Ami and Minako are on their way as well.
The taxi in which Ami is riding comes to a sudden halt as a group of Pierrot show up in the middle of the road. The driver runs away, screaming, so Ami gets in the driver's seat and makes it through the crowd. Her road is soon blocked again, though, as Sword steps out and forces her to stop.
As Minako hurries through a parking garage with her two bodyguards, they are also attacked by a group of Pierrot. When a sword-wielding Pierrot comes at her, however, Minako kicks it into a cement wall; when she orders the rest to get out of her way, they quickly comply. As she walks away, though, Shield appears and blocks her path.
Sailor Luna and Makoto are also beset by Pierrot, but manage to fight them off. They run onward and find the Legendary Sword at the top of a hill, but when they try to pull it out of its base, they find it impossible. Remembering Queen Serenity's words, Sailor Luna suggests that they need to have all the Senshi there together. Just then, another group of Pierrot arrive and surround the pair.
Nephrite and Jadeite drag a tuxedo-clad Mamoru into Queen Mio's throne room, which has been redecorated for a wedding. He complains that he is already tired of weddings, but with a wave of her scepter, she casts a spell on him to make him obey.
Meanwhile, Usagi tries to figure out what she's supposed to do now that she has escaped. She finds her engagement ring in her pocket and realizes that Mamoru slipped it in there when he pushed her out of the cell. This makes her remember when he proposed, and she wonders if maybe she forgot about the way they used to be.
Makoto and Sailor Luna are still fighting against the Pierrot, but are nearly exhausted, only sustained by the thought that the others will be there soon. Suddenly, another Pierrot arrives and sprays the others with a fire extinguisher, then takes off its mask to reveal it is really Ami. Just then Minako also arrives on a motorcycle and disposes of the rest of the Pierrot, then apologizes for being late.
Makoto, Minako, and Ami gather around the sword and Sailor Luna wonders if this will work without Rei. Minako says that Rei's heart is with them, and therefore she is there, and Ami adds that Usagi's heart is there as well. As the three of them take hold of the sword, it begins to glow. In her hospital room, Rei sees a vision of this and reaches out as well. Elsewhere, Usagi pauses, seeming to sense something, then touches her ring and declares that she will save him. The three girls pull the sword out of its base and hold it up; a bolt of golden lightning strikes the tip and all three of them begin to glow.
Usagi runs in and interrupts the wedding just as Mamoru is about to kiss Queen Mio. Annoyed, Mio hands Mamoru a sword and tells him to kill Usagi. He obediently takes the sword and throws it at her, but she doesn't even flinch as it flies past her head and sinks into the wall behind her. The sword slices through a rope, dropping a heavy drapery onto the Shitennou. Queen Mio is dismayed, but Mamoru only turns away from her and chides Usagi for not even dodging, because she scared him a little. Usagi replies that she can tell if he's serious or not, and he replies that he knew she would do anything to get there in time. The two of them run off, and, after they manage to extricate themselves from the drapery, the Shitennou follow. Queen Mio declares that she cannot forgive them, almost tearing Choppi in two in her anger.
Usagi and Mamoru run out of the amusement park and into the forest, where they are confronted by the Shitennou. The four of them are then attacked by the real Shitennou, however, and are revealed to be Pierrot in disguise. Mamoru chides the Shitennou for being late, and says he knew those were imposters because the real Shitennou aren't that stupid. Shield and Sword appear, along with more Pierrot, and Mamoru transforms into Prince Endymion to join the Shitennou in battle. After they dispose of the Pierrot, Endymion faces off against the two Youma and orders the Shitennou not to interfere; he manages to trick Sword into destroying Shield, then takes care of the remaining Youma. Though Jadeite is excited at their victory, the others realize that the battle isn't over yet.
Queen Mio arrives and transforms into a giant plant monster, then attacks. After wounding the Shitennou, she moves to finish off Endymion, but Usagi runs in and orders her to stay away from him. Mio asks Usagi what she plans to do, since she can't transform, but Usagi stands firm; Mio gets upset and, saying that she can't let Usagi be happy, attacks. Minako, Makoto, and Ami arrive just in time and Minako fends Mio off with the Legendary Sword. Using the power of the sword, the four girls transform into their Senshi forms. Sailor Mercury, Sailor Venus, and Sailor Jupiter fight with the weapons created from their Sailor Star Tambourines, and Sailor Moon with her Moonlight Stick. Then they combine their powers and use Sailor Planet Attack to destroy the flower monster.
As the girls watch, the energy contained within the balloons escapes and returns to the people it originally came from. Their transformation items disappear once more, and the four of them look sad. Makoto quickly changes the mood as she asks Usagi about the wedding, and Usagi reluctantly admits that she's going through with it. The girls cheer and drag Mamoru into their celebration, and even the watching Shitennou applaud.
On the wedding day, Usagi and Mamoru emerge from the church and are greeted by their friends and family, who applaud and enthusiastically throw flower petals. Off to one side, the Shitennou watch and nod in greeting as the couple looks their direction.
After the wedding, Usagi tosses the bouquet, and the women in the party are upset when Motoki catches it. Nervously, he turns to Makoto and asks if they might be the next ones to be married, and though a little stunned, she agrees. The party gathers around them, cheering, and Usagi and Mamoru call their congratulations to their friends. As Usagi watches, she thinks that everyone has changed, including herself. She thinks back to all her memories with her friends, back when they fought together as Senshi, and realizes that time is over. Mamoru glances over and notices her pensive mood, and puts his arm around her shoulders.
Later, Mamoru starts up his motorcycle and prepares to leave. Usagi pulls off the fluffy part of her skirt, leaving herself wearing a much shorter one, and climbs up behind him. She calls a farewell to everyone and the two of them ride off as their friends wave good-bye.
As Usagi and Mamoru drive down the street, they pass Ami, Makoto and Motoki, Rei, and Minako before riding off into the sunset.
- The song that played in the opening as Usagi and Mamoru were shopping was "Here We Go! -Shinjiru Chikara-".
- In the wedding scene of this episode, many production staff members, including the directors, appeared as the guests.
- Ryuuta Tasaki, the director of some of the earlier TV episodes, played Kenji Tsukino, Usagi's father, who appeared only in this episode.
- This was one of the only two episodes (the other one being Act 1) featuring a fully digital and non-humanoid Youma.
- Sailor Venus fought with two daggers in this episode because, as Rei was hospitalized, she used Sailor Mars's Sailor Star Tambourine as well as her own. A complete reverse of this occurred in the Final Act, where Sailor Mars used Sailor Venus' weapon together with her own. The weapons were identical, with golden parts in the middle and red blades, incorporating the respective colors of the two Senshi.
- The group attack "Sailor Planet Attack" (without Sailor Mars) was used only in this episode.
- Queen Serenity appeared for the first and only time in the series, played by the same actress as Usagi Tsukino, Miyuu Sawai. Her voice was recorded by Youko Soumi and lip-synched.
- Some fans believe that Usagi was pregnant in this episode, and therefore the couple were in a hurry to get married. Evidence for this includes the fact that both Makoto and Motoki mentioned that the wedding seemed rushed, at one point Usagi and Mamoru were browsing through the baby section of a toy store and both got embarrassed when they looked at one another, and Usagi was getting sick easily (e.g. in one scene, she was seemingly about to vomit and rushed to the washroom). It would also fit with the manga, which also strongly implied that Usagi was pregnant at her wedding.
- The Pierrot played the role of junior enemy combatants featured extensively in traditional tokusatsu series.
- As the credits played at the end of the episode, several short clips showed Ami working as a doctor, Rei practicing her powers as a miko, Makoto and Motoki shopping for flowers for their wedding, and Minako filming a new music video. The dress that Minako was wearing in her video was also the same dress she wore on the cover of I'll Be There; this dress was also her "princess" dress in the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Visual Book.
- Ami's driver's license said that she needs to wear glasses while driving. In Act 5 Ami said that her glasses were plain glass and she did not really need them. This could have been a goof, although it is possible that she started to need glasses between the time of that episode and the Special Act.
- The "cement" wall into which Minako kicked one of the Pierrot visibly wobbled when he hit it, and the words painted on the genuine wall behind it were also visible.
- After Mio was destroyed, the plush dog Choppi was left behind on the spot without reverting back to its torn state, even though Mio's other magic was all reverted.
- At the wedding scene, a bell was shown tolling outside of the chapel, and the sound continued through the scene even though it was later shown that the bell had stopped moving.
- Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon, Queen Serenity - Miyuu Sawai
- Rei Hino - Keiko Kitagawa
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury - Chisaki Hama
- Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter - Mew Azama
- Minako Aino/Sailor Venus - Ayaka Komatsu
- Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask/Prince Endymion - Jyoji Shibue
- Luna (voice) - Keiko Han
- Luna Tsukino/Sailor Luna - Rina Koike
- Artemis (voice) - Kappei Yamaguchi
- Nephrite - Hiroyuki Matsumoto
- Kunzite - Akira Kubodera
- Jadeite - Jun Masuo
- Zoisite - Yoshito Endou
- Mio Kuroki/Queen Mio - Alisa Yuriko Durbrow
- Motoki Furuhata - Masaya Kikawada
- Kenji Tsukino - Ryuuta Tasaki
- Ikuko Tsukino - Kaori Moriwaka
- Shingo Tsukino - Naoki Takeshi
- Naru Osaka - Chieko Kawabe
- Momoko Kimura - Natsumi Kiyoura
- Kanami Abe - Aiko Hirai
- Queen Serenity (voice) - Youko Soumi
| Previous episode:
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon
| Next episode:|