Illustrations of Love! Are Usagi and Mamoru Getting Closer?
Yumemi convinces Usagi and Mamoru to model for her
|Name (Romaji):||Koi no Irasuto, Usagi to Mamoru ga Sekkin?|
|Name (Translated):||Illustrations of Love! Are Usagi and Mamoru Getting Closer?|
|Name (Viz Dub):||The Painting of Love: Usagi and Mamoru Get Closer|
|Animation Director:||Kazuko Tadano|
|Air Date:||October 17, 1992|
|Previous Episode:||Love for Ami? A Boy Who Can Predict the Future|
|Next Episode:||Total Chaos! The Messy Square Relationship|
|First English Dub Episode|
|Name:||An Artful Attack|
|Air Date:||October 12, 1995|
|Previous Episode:||Mercury's Mental Match|
|Next Episode:||Too Many Girlfriends|
Usagi and Luna are in the park when Naru appears and tells Usagi to come with her. Usagi runs off, letting the Moon Stick fall out of her bag. Luna catches it and goes to follow her. Naru takes Usagi to an exhibition of romantic pictures by the famous illustrator Yumemi Yumeno. As Usagi, Naru and Umino discuss the reclusive artist and her beautiful self-portrait, a mysterious woman wanders through the crowd.
Usagi sees a picture that seems nostalgic. Outside, Mamoru passes the exhibition and sees the same picture, triggering a flashback to his dream. The mysterious woman exits the building and collides with him. Usagi sees them talking and decides that Mamoru is cheating on Rei. She goes outside to confront him, but discovers that the woman wants Mamoru to model for her... and as soon as she sees Usagi, she asks her to model as well.
The woman takes Usagi and Mamoru to her house, where Usagi discovers that she is Yumemi Yumeno. Yumemi says that she portrays herself as a beauty to fit the image of a romantic illustrator. Usagi and Mamoru aren't keen when they find she wants to portray them as a couple, but she persuades them to go along with it. Meanwhile, Luna is still trying to find Usagi.
As Yumemi progresses with the picture, Usagi points out how sad it is that she must be a recluse in order to maintain her image. Mamoru says that she should put her own happiness before that of the public. He then sees another picture that seems nostaligic. Usagi agrees, and Yumemi says that the couple in the picture always make her feel sad for some reason. Nearby, Zoisite plans his attack on Yumemi.
As Yumemi sees Usagi home, Usagi reassures her that her image is not important. Usagi says goodbye and sees Luna, who angrily gives her the Moon Stick. Usagi tells her that she is feeling better, and Luna comments on how easily solved Usagi's problems are. Usagi gets angry and runs off, then notices the Moon Stick responding in the direction of Yumemi's house.
Zoisite attacks Yumemi, removing the Green Rainbow Crystal from her, causing her to revert to the Youma Binah. Usagi sees and calls everyone, then transforms. Sailor Moon catches up with Zoisite and Binah at a building site. Binah attacks Sailor Moon, but she is helped by Tuxedo Mask, who chases after Zoisite. The other Sailor Senshi arrive to tackle Binah, whilst Sailor Moon goes off in search of Tuxedo Mask. He and Zoisite face off, but Zoisite gains the upper hand and hurls a shard of crystal at him. Sailor Moon arrives in time to deflect the attack, and Zoisite disappears. Sailor Moon drops the locket, and asks Tuxedo Mask if it is his. He suddenly remembers seeing it in Yumemi's picture, and tells Sailor Moon that she should keep it if she is looking for the princess. But when Sailor Moon asks him to return the Orange Rainbow Crystal he refuses, saying that he must obtain them all.
Sailor Moon goes back to the others to find that they have weakened Binah. She performs Moon Healing Escalation, and Yumemi is restored to normal. Later, Yumemi invites Usagi and Mamoru to view their picture, and reveals her new self-portrait. Thanks to Usagi's words, she now feels able to stop hiding and portray her true appearance.
- Tuxedo Mask narrowly avoided getting impaled by a shard of crystal in this episode. Only temporarily, as it turned out.
- Some of the images in Yumemi Yumeno's collection resemble artwork from Naoko Takeuchi's earlier manga, The Cherry Project.
- The Princess Serenity in Mamoru's dream was wearing the dress that Usagi wore to the masquerade ball in episode 22.
- When Yumemi talked about her paintings, some were shown in the background. One resembled Princess Kaguya, whose story was later referenced in the Sailor Moon S movie, and another resembled Nephrite and Naru.
- Current Rainbow Crystal count: Zoisite (2), Tuxedo Mask (1), Sailor Moon (1).
- In the English dub, the scene in which Serena whined to Luna about Tuxedo Mask keeping a Rainbow Crystal was cut, but it appeared in the Sailor Says segment.
- Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon - Kotono Mitsuishi
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury - Aya Hisakawa
- Rei Hino/Sailor Mars - Michie Tomizawa
- Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter - Emi Shinohara
- Luna - Keiko Han
- Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask - Tohru Furuya
- Naru Osaka - Shino Kakinuma
- Gurio Umino - Keiichi Nanba
- Queen Beryl - Keiko Han
- Zoisite - Keiichi Nanba
- Yumemi Yumeno/Binah - Yuriko Fuchizaki
- Girl - Misa Fukai
- Boy - Hiroyuki Tanaka
| Previous episode:
| Next episode:|